We are pleased to inform the launching of the call for applications for 2020-2021
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
PAUWES, The Pan African University Institute of Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) is one of the five institutes of the Pan African University (PAU) and is hosted at the University of Tlemcen in Algeria.
PAUWES holds a unique position in understanding the Pan-African dimension of scientific problems and is especially suited to find solutions to the challenges faced in different African countries with regards to water, energy and climate change.
PAUWES is developing strategies for tapping into the advantage of its PanAfrican perspective without losing focus of specific national and regional problems. This is particularly important at the interface between research and education as Master students are capable of finding innovative solutions to challenges in their home countries and local communities.
Germany is the Key Thematic Partner supporting Pan African University Institute of Water and Energy Sciences (PAUWES). The support is based on a trilateral agreement between the African Union Commission (AUC), the Algerian Government and the Federal Republic of Germany.
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters programmes .Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email adress and whatsapp number) (*Mandatory)
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Reasons to join PAU(WES)
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments.
Steps to apply:
- After reading the conditions, Click on ‘Register’
- Provide a valid username and your email
- Check your inbox to confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please check the spams as well)
- Provide a valid password
- Login using your credentials
- Open the ‘Application’ page and provide all your data
- Click on Save button and after finishing click on FINISH button
* If you didn’t finish the application, you can come back later and “Login” again using your email and password *
Applications should be completed online at https://www.au-pau.org/submission/
For more information https://www.pau-au.africa/
Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents
10 September 2020. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Further enquiries can be made through: firstname.lastname@example.org