The PAUWES World Water Day 2022 Webinar was held online as an annual ritual today, the 22nd of March 2022 from 10:00 am to 12:00; themed GROUNDWATER – MAKING THE INVISIBLE VISIBLE”, in order to raise awareness and to draw public attention to the theme of conservation and the utilization of water resources.
“PAUWES aims to equip her students with the mindset, skills, tools and networks to develop as Africa’s successful innovators driven entrepreneurs, so they can use their gained knowledge to effectively utilize water technologies and capacity building to implement much needed change for a better continent, for The Africa we want” Professor Abdellatif Zerga stated in his opening for the event.
The speakers were :
- Mohamed Amine BOUKHEMACHA, National Polytechnic Institute, Algeria who presented Groundwater in urban environments : interaction examples
- Nadhir AL-ANSARI, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden who presented on Water management in Iraq
- Nadia BADR, Alexandria University, Egypt, who presented on Groundwater contamination and methods of remediation
- Saheed Adeyinka OKE, Central University of Technology Free State Bloemfontein South Africa, who made a presentation entitled : A Call for the Development of Groundwater Vulnerability Methodology for Sub-Saharan Africa.
“ as a final key massage, we need all need to protect the water resources and to promote water sanitation” Dr Cherifa Abdelabki, Water Program Coodinator closed the webinar by focusing on the importance of such celebration to raise awareness of the 2 billion people currently living without access to safe water.
information about the webinar are available:
- Webinar Recordings : here
- Webinar photos – Screenshots from the sessions available: here